Stellarium Mobile Plus
Stellarium Mobile Plus is the next generation astronomy star map app. It combines a realistic and accurate night sky simulation with a gigantic amount of online imaging and sky objects catalogs.
Made by the original creator of Stellarium, the award-winning open source planetarium, this Plus version was designed from the ground up to show a potentially unlimited amount of data through an intuitive and minimalist user interface.
Stellarium Mobile Plus features
Award-winning astronomy app Stellarium Mobile Plus
- All known stars: Gaia DR2 catalog of over 1.4 Billion stars
- All known deep sky objects: a combined catalog of over 3 millions nebulae and galaxies
- All known planets and their natural satellites, including very high multi-resolution imaging for the major ones
- All known comets
- Many minor solar system objects (10k asteroids)
- Most visible artificial earth satellites (including the International Space Station)
- A full-sky very high multi-resolution background image
For experienced astronomers it also includes:
- Telescope control module: drive any telescope through an application compatible with the Stellarium Telescope Server protocol (see Telescope Control in Stellarium Mobile PLUS for details).
- Advanced observation tools: prepare your observing sessions by predicting a celestial object observability and transit times.
Please note that the app works perfectly without internet connection, but with a reduced set of data (2.5 M stars, 2.9 M DSOs, 10k asteroids).
Beside these features, it also includes most features already present in Stellarium Mobile app:
- show the sky at any time and place
- sensor control to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
- asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for dozen of sky cultures
- realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise & sunset
- accurate simulation of atmosphere refraction
- night mode (red)
Stellarium Mobile vs Stellarium Mobile Plus feature comparison:
|Price||$ 2.99||$ 9.99|
|NB. STARS||600K||1.6 G (All known stars)|
|NB. ASTEROIDS||150||10k (asteroids & comets)|
|NB. DSO||160||2.0 M (Most known DSOs)|
|FULL SOLAR SYSTEM||Yes||Yes (All known planets and satellites)|
|FULL SKY IMAGING(DSS)||No||Yes|
|HIGH RES PLANETS||No||Yes|